“Depression isn’t an emotion, it is a Disease,” More than 300 million people experience Depression once in their lifetime, but not everyone will experience Depression in the same way. And dealing with it on a day-to-day basis is the most difficult part.
Depression can be arguably tormenting as it tends to affect the daily errands and routine of a person significantly. On a deep introspection with several communities, CBD Hemp oil has seemed to help a large number of groups in dealing with the disorder.
Of course, what works for one may not work for the other.
There are common misconceptions about Depression- it is often synonymously used with “being sad.” However, the two are not the same. Depression is a clinical condition that thwarts the emotional well-being.
Recognizing the difference between the two can help a person process both in a healthy way.
It’s Okay to be Sad and Not Depressed!
Firstly, Sadness is a common human emotion that we experience in stressful times. Certain life events can lead to subtle feelings of unhappiness or anxiousness. The events could range from losing a loved one, a job, or financial troubles. These factors can affect mood in a negative way. However, pulling oneself up once again isn’t tough. Sadness usually passes with time.
Depression, on the other hand, has an overpowering effect and could paralyze reasoning, cause feelings of hopelessness, etc., and for a longer duration. It is often too difficult to deal with.
In 2015, approximately 16.1 million people aged 18 years or above in the U.S. had reported experiencing at least one major depressive episode.
The Symptoms usually include:
- Feelings of discouragement/hopelessness
- Lack of motivation
- a loss of interest in activities that the individual once found enjoyable
When Are You Diagnosed With Depression?
If you experience any of these symptoms for more than 2 weeks, it is considered a medical problem rather than a prolonged experience of Sadness. Also, to be diagnosed as a major depressive disorder, the symptoms should be linked to Depression alone and not an underlying condition.
Types of Depression
Depression takes many forms. The Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders (5th Edition) lists nine distinct types:
- Major Depression: It includes recurrent depressive episodes throughout their lives.
- Dysthymia: It is a state of persistent low mood over a long period of time, even a year or more.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder is a type of depression brought on from a lack of natural sunlight.
- Atypical Depression: Feeling of heaviness in the limbs. Symptoms include irritability and relationship problems, as well as overeating and oversleeping.
- Bipolar Disorder: Is Manic Depressive Disorder, which alternates between mania and depressive episodes.
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: It is a severe Depression that shows up during the second half of the menstrual cycle. It affects the ability to function normally.
- Situational Depression: It is triggered by a life-changing event. It could be anything, from losing your job to the death of an immediate family member.
Though there are multiple types of Depression, CBD oil has been deemed lucrative in helping deal with it.
Can CBD Hemp Oil Help Deal With Depression and Anxiety
CBD Hemp Oil is considered a natural treatment to cure Depression. Though the research around CBD Hemp oil and its effectiveness is limited, the benefits of CBD for Depression in humans is in question. However, CBD Hemp Oil has been observed to have remarkable benefits for Depression, and anxiety, along with:
- Cognitive impairment
- Public Discomforts
CBD may be helpful for conditions potentially related to Depression, such as severe pain.
CBD’s potential benefits for Depression are linked to its effects on serotonin receptors in the brain.
Low serotonin levels are connected to Depression. CBD does not necessarily boost serotonin levels. It makes your brain chemical receptors respond to the existing serotonin.
A 2014 animal study reported that CBD’s effect on these receptors in the brain produced both antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects.
Having said this, this area is still being actively studied, and new research and reviews are being published every year. This information on how effective it is in dealing with Depression and related ailments is subjected to change.
Is it Better Than Antidepressants?
CBD has some benefits over antidepressant medications.
Most antidepressants usually take weeks to start working. However, CBD Hemp Oil has a fast and sustained antidepressant-like effect.
Moreover, CBD has fewer side effects like Imsominia, sexual dysfunction, and so on, rather than antidepressant medications.
CBD Hemp Oil Can Be Consumed In Three Ways:
- Oral: This includes tinctures, capsules, sprays, and oils. These may be used in other preparations, such as smoothies or a coffee.
- Vaping: This is the quickest way to ingest the compounds. However, there’s debate over the long-term safety of this method.
- Topical: You can use CBD-infused beauty products, lotions, and creams directly to your skin. This formulation is likely best for pain, not for mental health or treating Depression.
Where Can You Buy CBD Hemp Oil?
You’ll need to find a reputable seller or reputed brands that conduct third-party lab testing of their products. To buy CBD Oil. Hemp-derived CBD is easily available in many areas. You may easily find it in some health food stores too.
Marijuana-derived CBD is only sold in dispensaries in states where it is legalized.
Recovery is a journey and not a destination. You cannot dodge bad days, but with a well-targeted treatment, you can overcome extreme lows or depressive states. CBD Hemp Oil, in fact, will help you overcome mental distress to a large extent.
If you or a loved one is experiencing depression and anxiety, reach out to a qualified mental health professional.
Emylee is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.